Sunday 13 September 2020

Weekly Stash Challenge week 24

 We are coming to the end of this challenge - only 2 more weeks to go.  I hope everyone has enjoyed the journey - I have made a significant dent in my christmas card making, and Chris and Lorna have made several hundred cards for their charity.

I hope that the recent increase in Covid numbers doesn't mean a return to lockdown - I was thinking that light was the end of the tunnel, not an approaching train!

Anyway, moving on,  here is the sketch and tic tac toe for this week.



And here is my sample.

This week my tic tac toe line is the centre diagonal left to right. Gems, Green, Glitter.

I made my card using the trusty 6 x 6 card base, and onto that I matted some green tartan card from a 12 x 12 pad in my stash.

Everything else was in my die cuts box - I used a large snowflake for the top right corner.  On top of that, in decreasing sizes from left to right I stuck some fir trees.  I applied glitter glue to the branches to make them sparkle. Then, using foam pads, I stuck the sleigh and reindeer onto the top.

The last touches were the sentiment, cut from scrap paper I used last week and matted onto plain white card, placed diagonally in the bottom right corner, and the pearl gems, which I applied to the snowflake.

This was another really quick and easy card because I had the diecuts already cut, but it wouldn't have taken long to cut them again in the same card.  I like the monochrome layered look - but if you have the dies and wanted to, you could easily colour the sleigh, and trees, or used other coloured cardstock.

Stay safe everyone - and happy Crafting.

No comments: