Sunday 23 August 2020

Weekly Stash Challenge week 21

 The weeks are going by so fast, aren't they?  I swear, this year is going to be gone before we know it (and thank goodness for that!!!)

I am still making Christmas Cards - first year EVER I won't have the November panic....  but you don't need to make it a Christmas theme - just disregard the Christmas references and make whatever card you like.  Remember, this is fun!  

I have also found this challenge really helpful in making me concentrate on using up my stash - all those kits I bought and stroked and put away are now coming into their own!  Because I am just doing Christmas, I have basically just put the kits I want to use in a bag and each week I rummage through that to find something to make.  It is all getting mixed up, but most importantly, it is getting used. I can honestly say I haven't bought anything to make my cards over these 21 weeks - it is all stuff I already had.

Anyway, on with the challenge for this week. Here is the sketch and tic tac toe for week 21.





And here is my sample card for this week.

This card was made using some of a Snowman kit I have had for years.  I used some of it last year, but it was huge, so there was loads left.  

I used a scalloped edge 6 x 6 card as my base,   I layered a square of dark blue snow paper onto some teal (?) backing paper then wrapped some ribbon across the bottom almost half way up.  I stuck the bow in the same ribbon onto the right hand side, and attached a diecut topper to the left hand side using foam pads.  Finally, I stuck a die cut sentiment in the top right hand corner using foam pads.

This was a super quick and easy card to make - but I really like it.

I hope those of you still joining in are having fun - and those of you who aren't are enjoying looking at the makes!  Stay safe everyone...

No comments: