Sunday 16 August 2020

Weekly stash challenge week 20

Who would ever have believed that we would be up to week 20 of this weekly challenge?  Things are very gradually beginning to normalise though, and we are starting to resume our lives.  This means that many of us are having less crafting time, and less cards are being made.  

I will continue to post sketches for the next few weeks (mainly because my need for completion makes me want to achieve 26 weeks - 6 months) but there is no compulsion to join in.  Everyone who wants to do so is welcome, but at the moment I am looking at the weekly publication as a stick to make me finish my christmas cards, LOL.

Anyway, onwards.  Here is the sketch and tic tac toe for this week.




And here is my card for this week.

My tic tac toe is the centre middle line - Flowers, Diecut, Ribbon.

I used a 5 x 7 base card and onto this I layered some backing paper from my stash.  I used some scraps to make the three squares, and mounted them onto some pearlised card, and stuck them onto the card base.  

I used a die from my stash to cut the base of the flower stem from some scrap green card, and stuck onto that some pre-made poinsettias that I bought in Hobbycraft years ago - much quicker than making your own!

I tied a ribbon bow with chiffon ribbon and stuck it in place with hot glue.  Finally, I stuck the sentiment from the kit I have been using in recent weeks in the bottom left corner.  I really like this one!

Happy crafting all - and stay safe!

No comments: