Sunday 28 June 2020

Weekly stash challenge - week 13

Well, another week has passed and we are up to week 13!

Here is the sketch for this week.



As a change, I thought I would ring the changes and instead of a tic tac toe to go with the sketch, I would offer you the chance to try out the clean and simple style (CAS).  So what is clean and simple, I hear you ask?

CAS = "Clean & Simple"

One main image
Lots of open space
Limited layers and embellishments
Quick & easy to create
And keep it simple.
Have fun ♥
                                                                   
This is just an option - you don't have to do it, but I thought some of you might like the style and others might like to challenge yourselves and go out of that comfort zone....

I have done two cards as a sample this week, to demonstrate both options, both following the sketch.

Card 1

 This card was made using the papers from my stash I have used in the past few weeks, and I fussy cut around the wreath shape.  The sentiment banner was cut down from one of the die cut sentiments, and I finished with a red and white butchers twine bow.

Card 2 (CAS)


This card was made using a 5x7 card blank, over which I put a wash of spectrum noir sparkle ink.  Onto this I stamped the sentiment, and the floral border, which I coloured with water colour paint.  Finally, I added a touch of bling in the form of gems in the centre of the flowers - one CAS card!

I hope you enjoy this week's challenge - and remember, it is fun!  So don't feel obligated to do anything that doesn't "spark joy" (TM Marie Kondo!) and if CAS isn't your thing - just do what makes you happy.  

Stay safe - we are almost out of the woods now - and Happy Crafting!

No comments: