Sunday 21 June 2020

Weekly Stash Challenge - week 12

Three Months!  We have hit the milestone... yes, it is week 12, and the challenge is still going strong.  Here is the sketch and tic tac toe for this week.

 The sketch:

the Tic Tac Toe:




So, this is my card.  This one was pretty much all from my die cuts box - bits and pieces cut, or made up and not used.

This time I used an A5 card base, and onto this I matted some red with gold stars paper to form the border when I layered onto it some blue snowflake paper.

I used 2 large die cut snowflakes for my base toppers, and I used glitter glue to give them some sparkle.

Onto the top I put a shaker snowglobe, which I decorated with gold and silver gems.

Finally, I put the sentiment in the bottom left hand corner.

My tic tac toe line was the diagonal - gold, glitter, silver.

I also found a helpful tip today.  When I wanted to cut the paper for the backing, I was too lazy to go upstairs to get my guillotine.  So, as all my sewing things were already out,  I used an old blade in a rotary cutter and a quilting ruler to get the size I wanted.  Revelation!  It was so easy to get the exact size paper I wanted to use because I could line it up under the ruler!  I may just invest in another one for my papercrafting bag....

I look forward to seeing everyone's makes - stay safe, and happy crafting!

No comments: