Sunday 19 July 2020

Weekly Stash Challenge - week 16

I honestly never thought we would still be going strong - only 10 more weeks and we will have been doing this for 6 months! Hey ho.  As long as people are still enjoying themselves I will continue!

Here is the sketch for this week.


and as an added bonus, a tic tac toe if you need further inspiration



This is my card - back to a 5 x 7 base!


Everything for this card (apart from the base) came from a Chloe box kit.  I used one of the backing papers as a background, then cut another base from a complementary colour and cut that into three different size strips.  I stuck these onto the top of the base mat, leaving a small gap in between them.

Onto this second mat, I added the topper circle.  At this point, I realised I had forgotten to put a contrasting mat underneath the bottom mats, and they were blending a bit.  So I added a line around them using a sparkly marker pen.  Not perfect, but you go with what you've got, right?

Then I cut out some extra flowers to layer onto the topper, and covered them with some stickles glue to make them glitter.  In the centre of the flowers, I added some gold gems.

Lastly, I added the sentiment.  And this time, I DID remember to layer it!  FYI, my card fills the top row of the tic tac toe - Gems, Blue, Silver.

Have a good week everyone, and as restrictions continue to ease, stay safe!  

As a side note - if anyone is also a sewist, and is planning to sew some masks for wearing in shops etc, I can recommend this pattern from Jordan fabrics, as it is roomy and very easy to wear and not difficult to make.  It doesn't have a pocket for a filter, but these masks won't be medical grade anyway, so I am thinking comfy is best!  She uses straps - but you can add elastic if you prefer that, really easily.   Nose wires can be obtained from Ebay - I got 20 of them for £3.99, free delivery.



No comments: