Sunday 17 May 2020

Weekly stash challenge - week 7

Well here we are at week 7.  I thought 2019 went by quickly, but 2020 is going even faster.  Halfway through May, already, and no real sign of restrictions easing to let us all get together again.  I do hope that these weekly challenges are being helpful to you!

For this week, I thought we could try for some extra embellishments, so I have included flowers and a bow!



This week, I went to a paper boutique pad - farmyard friend.  I added some flower stamps and dies, some background mat dies, and a couple of distress ink pads. 


And this was the card I came up with.


I used a 5 x7  card base because that was to hand - the sketch was square, but the whole point is to use it as inspiration, not a fixed rule, so I went with it -  and from the paper kit, I chose a piece of patterned paper, a topper and a sentiment.  

I matted the patterned paper onto a piece of white card.  I then cut a die cut base from another piece of the paper using my dies, and layered the topper onto that.  I then stuck that onto my piece ofwhite card too.

Using the remaining parts of the paper, I die cut the flowers and leaves, and then stamped onto them using the distress ink.   I edged the petals with the ink, and then put the flowers together and stuck them onto my white card, and put a pearl from my stash in the centre of each.

I then stuck the white card onto my base card using foam pads.

I stuck the sentiment onto some backing paper, and put it on the base card, then stuck on my bow using a hot glue gun.  Lastly, I picked a couple of die cuts from my box, and put them in the top right corner to balance the card out.

I hope you enjoy this week's challenge as much as I did... I am looking forward to seeing the next lot of cards, and can't wait until we can meet up and work together again.

Have fun - happy crafting and stay safe.  We can make it!



No comments: