Sunday 19 April 2020

Weekly Stash Challenge Week 3

Week 3 already!  Everyone is definitely getting the hang of things now... and if you aren't able to take a picture of your card to send to me, as I know some people can't - just bring them along to the next class when we can get together when lockdown is lifted, and I will take the pictures and upload them then.  This way there will always be a record of what we all did while being isolated.

Anyway, onwards to the next project...

Here is the sketch for week 3 - a nice simple one.


As I said before - the shapes on the sketch are not set in stone -if you want a square not a round, great! If you want to add extra things - brilliant.  This is your card - the sketch is just a starting point.

For my card I took my die cuts box and a paper boutique pad and chose items from them. 


 I have started using the A4 plastic  boxes to store the extra die cuts I have because I don't use them, just keep adding to them.  At least in the box I can see what is there!

The pad I used was Ocean Breeze - this one had papers and toppers in it.



So, my card.  


I used a sheet of the backing paper on a 5 x 7 base card.  I cut out an element on the remaining paper to make an embellishment for the top right hand corner, which I stuck on with pads to raise it a bit. I  cut down one of the toppers from a square to a rectangle and matted it onto some mirri card, then stuck that onto the card with pads too.  From my diecuts box, I took a piece of honeycomb diecut that I thought looked a bit like a net, and stuck that into the bottom corner as an embellishment.  I added some groups of pearls to give it some interest.

Then, I took a die cut label from the box, wrote Happy Anniversary onto it and tied some gold and white bakers twine in a bow and stuck it to my card using my hot glue gun. Finally, I used some glitter glue in the light part of the lighthouse to give it some sparkle.

I am really looking forward to seeing your makes this week - you are all so very creative!

No comments: